- Total Population19,798,084
- Male Population(48.5 %) 9,603,980
- Female Population(51.5 %) 10,194,104
- Median Age43.00
There are currently 19,798,084 people living in New York. Out of the total population number, 9,603,980 are men and 10,194,104 are women. The median age for New York dwellers is 43.00.
- White Collar7,904,189
- Blue Collar1,563,442
There are currently 7,904,189 white-collar jobs and 1,563,442 blue-collar jobs in New York.
- Total Households7,302,710
- Family Households4,633,030
- Non-family Households2,669,680
- Households With Children2,194,841
- Households Without Children5,107,869
- Average People Per Household2.55
There are currently 7,302,710 households in New York. Out of this total, 4,633,030 are family households, 2,669,680 are non-family households, 2,194,841 are households with children and 5,107,869 are households without children. The average number of people per household in New York is 2.55.
Education(Number of people who have achieved the following levels of education)
- No High School917,366
- Some High School5,305,353
- Some College3,353,261
- Associate Degree1,305,856
- Bachelors Degree2,993,048
- Graduate Degree2,131,168
There are 917,366 people living in New York without a high school degree, 5,305,353 people with some high school degree and 3,353,261 people with a college degree. 1,305,856 people have an associate degree, 2,993,048 hold a bachelor’s degree, while 2,131,168 boast a graduate degree.
Marital Status(Number of people who have the following marital status)
- Never Married6,240,579
6,240,579 of the people living in New York have never been married, while 7,691,679 are married and 406,750 are separated. A total of 973,457 people are widowed and 1,415,003 people are divorced.
- Average Household Income$86,272
- Median Household Income$59,399
- Median Income Under 25$36,078
- Median Income 25-44$67,317
- Median Income 45-64$72,562
- Median Income Over 65$43,021
The average household income for people living in New York is $86,272, while the median household income is $59,399. The median income in New York is $36,078 for those under 25, $67,317 for those aged 25 to 44, $72,562 for those aged 45 to 64, and $43,021 for those over the age of 65.
Demographic information is extracted from the Unites States Census Bureau and is deemed reliable, however, COMMERCIALCafé can offer no guarantee of the
accuracy or completeness of information modified or aggregated for specific neighborhoods.