- Total Population8,581,428
- Male Population(47.7 %) 4,090,435
- Female Population(52.3 %) 4,490,993
- Median Age36.80
There are currently 8,581,428 people living in New York City. Out of the total population number, 4,090,435 are men and 4,490,993 are women. The median age for New York City dwellers is 36.80.
- White Collar3,490,230
- Blue Collar593,500
There are currently 3,490,230 white-collar jobs and 593,500 blue-collar jobs in New York City.
- Total Households3,149,361
- Family Households1,886,512
- Non-family Households1,262,849
- Households With Children933,038
- Households Without Children2,216,323
- Average People Per Household2.67
There are currently 3,149,361 households in New York City. Out of this total, 1,886,512 are family households, 1,262,849 are non-family households, 933,038 are households with children and 2,216,323 are households without children. The average number of people per household in New York City is 2.67.
Education(Number of people who have achieved the following levels of education)
- No High School602,272
- Some High School2,270,848
- Some College1,217,118
- Associate Degree426,290
- Bachelors Degree1,417,002
- Graduate Degree927,051
There are 602,272 people living in New York City without a high school degree, 2,270,848 people with some high school degree and 1,217,118 people with a college degree. 426,290 people have an associate degree, 1,417,002 hold a bachelor’s degree, while 927,051 boast a graduate degree.
Marital Status(Number of people who have the following marital status)
- Never Married3,101,662
3,101,662 of the people living in New York City have never been married, while 3,017,971 are married and 220,939 are separated. A total of 393,144 people are widowed and 551,252 people are divorced.
- Average Household Income$100,214
- Median Household Income$63,576
- Median Income Under 25$40,230
- Median Income 25-44$70,169
- Median Income 45-64$72,936
- Median Income Over 65$37,596
The average household income for people living in New York City is $100,214, while the median household income is $63,576. The median income in New York City is $40,230 for those under 25, $70,169 for those aged 25 to 44, $72,936 for those aged 45 to 64, and $37,596 for those over the age of 65.
Demographic information is extracted from the Unites States Census Bureau and is deemed reliable, however, COMMERCIALCafé can offer no guarantee of the
accuracy or completeness of information modified or aggregated for specific neighborhoods.