- Total Population8,426,743
- Male Population(47.6 %) 4,015,044
- Female Population(52.4 %) 4,411,699
- Median Age35.80
There are currently 8,426,743 people living in New York City. Out of the total population number, 4,015,044 are men and 4,411,699 are women. The median age for New York City dwellers is 35.80.
- White Collar3,351,832
- Blue Collar578,019
There are currently 3,351,832 white-collar jobs and 578,019 blue-collar jobs in New York City.
- Total Households3,113,535
- Family Households1,865,277
- Non-family Households1,248,258
- Households With Children949,468
- Households Without Children2,164,067
- Average People Per Household2.65
There are currently 3,113,535 households in New York City. Out of this total, 1,865,277 are family households, 1,248,258 are non-family households, 949,468 are households with children and 2,164,067 are households without children. The average number of people per household in New York City is 2.65.
Education(Number of people who have achieved the following levels of education)
- No High School611,686
- Some High School2,257,102
- Some College1,146,167
- Associate Degree407,847
- Bachelors Degree1,349,158
- Graduate Degree863,147
There are 611,686 people living in New York City without a high school degree, 2,257,102 people with some high school degree and 1,146,167 people with a college degree. 407,847 people have an associate degree, 1,349,158 hold a bachelor’s degree, while 863,147 boast a graduate degree.
Marital Status(Number of people who have the following marital status)
- Never Married3,043,299
3,043,299 of the people living in New York City have never been married, while 2,941,506 are married and 229,556 are separated. A total of 385,618 people are widowed and 552,095 people are divorced.
- Average Household Income$85,704
- Median Household Income$53,373
- Median Income Under 25$34,542
- Median Income 25-44$64,169
- Median Income 45-64$57,639
- Median Income Over 65$31,615
The average household income for people living in New York City is $85,704, while the median household income is $53,373. The median income in New York City is $34,542 for those under 25, $64,169 for those aged 25 to 44, $57,639 for those aged 45 to 64, and $31,615 for those over the age of 65.
Demographic information is extracted from the Unites States Census Bureau and is deemed reliable, however, COMMERCIALCafé can offer no guarantee of the
accuracy or completeness of information modified or aggregated for specific neighborhoods.