Norcross, GA - Office Market Overview
The Norcross real estate market includes the Buchanan Station, Dove Trace, and Langford Commons commercial real estate submarkets. While the city itself is home to just under 17,000 people, Norcross is also part of the Atlanta - Sandy Springs - Marietta metro area, which is home to over 5.7 million people. The city's key access to the region's vast transportation network attracts an increasing number of businesses to the area and creates increasing demand for office space in Norcross.
As of mid-2017, the Norcross office market encompasses over 5.2 million square feet of existing office space in properties larger than 50,000 square feet. A vibrant mix of manufacturing and logistics businesses help to drive the commercial real estate market in Norcross, GA.
Norcross, GA - Office Inventory Description
Located just 25 minutes from Downtown Atlanta, Norcross contributes its share of the region's $304 billion in annual gross metropolitan product, sustaining consistent demand for commercial real estate and office space. Nearly two-thirds of the office space in Norcross is Class A or A+, while Class B office space in Norcross adds nearly 55% more product to the office inventory in the city.
One area of Norcross that sees predictable demand for office space is the Buckley Square office submarket. Located at the northeast corner of the I-85 and Route 378, this part of Norcross is home to office buildings such as 1854 Shackleford Court, The Offices @ Gwinnett Commons - 1700 Corporate Drive, and 1835 Shackleford Court.
Norcross, GA Commercial Inventory Breakdown
Total: 4,201,259 SF
By square footage range:
- 50k to 100k SF: 1,047,781 SF / 24.94% of total office
- 100k to 500k SF: 953,478 SF / 22.7% of total office
- > 1M SF: 2,200,000 SF / 52.37% of total office
- Class A: 203,416 SF / 4.84% of total office
- Class B: 1,162,496 SF / 27.67% of total office
- Class C: 635,347 SF / 15.12% of total office
Top 10 Largest Office Buildings
|Office building||Address||Sqft||Year built|
|Atlanta Media Campus & Studio||NWC Crescent Drive & Jimmy Carter Blvd, 30093||2,200,000||n/a|
|Five Oaks||1670 Oakbrook Drive, 30093||175,133||1989|
|Ole Mexican Foods Headquarters||6585 NW Crescent Drive, 30071||141,670||1973|
|Jefferson Plaza||3169 Holcomb Bridge Road, 30071||117,054||1978|
|Crossings Center VI||3081 Holcomb Bridge Road, 30091||110,655||1984|
|1626 Jeurgens Court||1626 Jeurgens Court, 30093||104,960||1986|
|Governors Lakes 200||6801 Governors Lake Pkwy, 30071||102,364||1985|
|Governors Lakes 100||3091 Governors Lake Drive, 30071||101,052||1985|
|Northwoods Commons||4940 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, 30071||100,590||1986|
|Gwinnett Park - 4311 Communications Drive||4311 Communications Drive, 30093||98,800||1980|
Most Recently-Built Office Buildings
|Office building||Address||Sqft||Year built|
|Offices at Meeting Point||4161 Steve Reynolds Blvd, 30093||52,203||2010|
|Horizon at Norcross||4720 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, 30071||42,477||2008|
|Steve Reynolds Commons||3985 Steve Reynolds Blvd, 30093||63,840||2005|
|The Offices @ Gwinnett Commons - 1700 Corporate Drive||1700 Corporate Drive, 30093||92,046||2002|
|3025 Business Park Drive||3025 Business Park Drive, 30071||34,518||2001|
|6010 Atlantic Blvd||6010 Atlantic Blvd, 30071||50,600||1999|
|Avalon Center Office Park - 3145 Avalon Ridge Place||3145 Avalon Ridge Place, 30071||32,600||1997|
|3100 Avalon Ridge Place||3100 Avalon Ridge Place, 30071||59,400||1996|
|United Consulting Headquarters||625 Holcomb Bridge Road, 30071||57,657||1996|
|1835 Shackleford Court||1835 Shackleford Court, 30093||56,540||1990|
Norcross, GA - Green Office Space
The City of Norcross is a Platinum Member of the Atlanta Regional Green Communities network. In 2017, the National Green Building Adoption Index surveyed the top 30 office markets in the U.S. to gauge the growth of Energy Star-rated, and LEED-certified green office space. Going back to 2005, the percentage of green office space across all of these larger markets was less than 5%. Today, that percentage has grown to 38%. The Atlanta Region earned the #4 ranking in the most recent survey, completed in 2017.
An example of a LEED-certified building in Norcross, Ga., is the 5625 Oakbrook Parkway office - industrial - warehouse building. Located in the Village at Oakbrook Lakes commercial real estate submarket of Norcross, this Class A building was constructed in 1986 and brings nearly 254,000 square feet of LEED-certified space to the market.
Norcross, GA's Top Office-Using Sectors
The Norcross commercial real estate and office space markets see consistent demand from top office-using sectors like the manufacturing, technology, and professional services industries, as well as larger corporate office users.
- Manufacturing – Fortune 500 company Westrock, Siemens Industry, TC Industries, ACT Manufacturing, Kenney Manufacturing, and NanoLumens are among this top office-using sector in Norcross.
- Technology – Procurri, LSI Corporation, and EMS Technologies help to create demand for white-collar office employment in Norcross.
- Professional Services – RentPath, the Institute of Industrial Engineers, and Associated Credit Union are some of the users of white-collar office space in Norcross.
- Corporate Office – American Megatrends, Waffle House, Insight Sourcing Group, and VeriStor Systems are a few of the larger companies in the region that drive demand for Norcross GA commercial real estate.
- Total Population16,474
- Male Population(51.4 %) 8,466
- Female Population(48.6 %) 8,008
- Median Age30.40
- Average Household Income$66,653
- Median Household Income$43,101
- Median Income Under 25$41,597
- Median Income 25-44$37,734
- Median Income 45-64$54,868
- Median Income Over 65$41,732