Brooklyn, NY Commercial Inventory Breakdown
Office Spaces with Retail
Total: 11,044,111 SF
By square footage range:
- 50k to 100k SF: 1,735,485 SF / 15.71% of total office with retail
- 100k to 500k SF: 5,237,410 SF / 47.42% of total office with retail
- 500k to 1M SF: 1,565,231 SF / 14.17% of total office with retail
- > 1M SF: 2,505,985 SF / 22.69% of total office with retail
- Total Population2,546,331
- Male Population(47.4 %) 1,206,442
- Female Population(52.6 %) 1,339,890
- Median Age35.20
- Average Household Income$90,499
- Median Household Income$58,257
- Median Income Under 25$47,075
- Median Income 25-44$71,459
- Median Income 45-64$64,005
- Median Income Over 65$29,593
Whittle School Signs Lease for Tishman’s Recently Completed 620K SF Brooklyn Office Space
February 07, 2020
The Whittle School―a private school founded by former Esquire magazine Chairman Chris Whittle―has signed a 20-year lease for 620,000 square feet of office space at the Wheeler complex in downtown Brooklyn. The deal comes at the tail end of several months of negotiations between owner and develop...
Original cast iron columns, barrel vaulted ceilings, and decorative brickwork have been masterfully preserved during the adaptive reuse renovation of this 100+-year-old Brooklyn gem. Check out the full story on our building of the week.
Ever since the financial crisis, a growing number of workers have seen their schedules become increasingly flexible, as many have either turned to freelancing full-time, taken on a second job or are looking to launch their own business. Coworking offices have sprung up throughout the nation, cat...