Colorado Springs, CO - Office Market Overview
The Colorado Springs real estate market includes the Falcon Estates, Gateway Park, and Kissing Camels office space submarkets. With a metropolitan population of just under 700,000 residents, Colorado Springs is the second-most populous city in the State of Colorado, right behind Denver. The extensive presence of the defense and aerospace industries create a powerful demand for Class A office space in Colorado Springs.
As of mid-2017, the Colorado Springs office market encompasses just over 12 million square feet of existing office space. In addition to the aerospace and defense business sectors, high technology and education drive the ongoing demand for Colorado Springs commercial real estate.
Colorado Springs, CO - Office Inventory Description
The tourism & outdoor recreation industry is another economic driver for Colorado Springs, with sites such as Pikes Peak, the United States Olympic Training Center, and the USA Hockey headquarters. With a gross metropolitan product of over $32 billion annually, the demand for white collar office space in Colorado Springs is consistently robust. Just under 19% of the office space in Colorado Springs is Class A, with Class B office product adding another nearly 19 million square feet of inventory to the commercial real estate market in the Colorado Springs metro area.
The Pine Creek office market market in Colorado Springs sees some of the strongest demand for office space in the region. Located south of Old Ranch Road and west of Route 21, this submarket is home to investment-grade portfolio office buildings such as the Briargate Office Center on Telstar Drive, the PrimeCenter at Briargate - Buildings A, B & C, and the Research Corporate Center at 8610 Explorer Drive.
Colorado Springs, CO Commercial Inventory Breakdown
Total: 14,264,523 SF
By square footage range:
- 50k to 100k SF: 4,694,725 SF / 32.91% of total office
- 100k to 500k SF: 8,845,712 SF / 62.01% of total office
- 500k to 1M SF: 724,086 SF / 5.08% of total office
- Class A: 4,607,258 SF / 32.3% of total office
- Class B: 8,853,437 SF / 62.07% of total office
- Class C: 803,828 SF / 5.64% of total office
Top 10 Largest Office Buildings
in Colorado Springs
|Office building||Address||Sqft||Year built|
|Garden of the Gods Business Park||2424 Garden of the Gods Road, 80919||724,086||1983|
|Plaza of The Rockies||111 South Tejon Street, 80903||467,352||1983|
|1855 Telstar Drive||1855 Telstar Drive, 80920||436,385||1992|
|Progressive Insurance Call Center||12710 Voyager Pkwy, 80921||322,000||2003|
|305 South Rockrimmon Blvd||305 South Rockrimmon Blvd, 80919||301,559||1985|
|Chidlaw Building||2221 East Bijou Street, 80909||300,000||1993|
|Ent Credit Union New HQ||NWC Federal Drive & Rampart Hills View, 80920||300,000||n/a|
|Colorado Springs Investor Center||2216 Briargate Pkwy, 80920||290,000||1999|
|8145 & 8245 North Union Blvd||8245 North Union Blvd, 80920||286,650||1984|
|Interquest Office Campus - Building A & Building B||10125 Federal Drive, 80920||284,166||1998|
Most Recently-Built Office Buildings
in Colorado Springs
|Office building||Address||Sqft||Year built|
|Centura Health Urgent Care - Broadmoor||1263 Lake Plaza Drive, 80906||31,338||2015|
|3141 Centennial Blvd||3141 Centennial Blvd, 80907||76,731||2014|
|Pinnacle Eye Center Campus||2770 North Union Blvd, 80909||48,328||2012|
|Medical Center at Penrose||2312 North Nevada Avenue, 80907||71,000||2011|
|2405 Research Pkwy||2405 Research Pkwy, 80920||32,056||2009|
|Epic One||10807 New Allegiance Drive, 80921||145,694||2008|
|Patriot Park VII||565 Space Center Drive, 80915||89,624||2008|
|Bancorp Plaza||1 South Nevada Avenue, 80903||54,429||2008|
|InterQuest Hybrid II||9925 Federal Drive, 80921||53,788||2008|
|Medical Pavilion at Briargate||4105 Briargate Pkwy, 80920||170,000||2007|
Colorado Springs, CO - Green Office Space
Colorado is home to some of the most environmentally-conscious people in the entire U.S., so it's no surprise that the demand for green office space in Colorado Springs is growing by leaps and bounds. One example of a LEED-certified office building in Colorado Springs is the Patriot Park VII property. With nearly 90,000 square feet of Class A office space, this project was built in 2008 and is located in the Rustic Hills commercial real estate submarket of Colorado Springs. The building holds the difficult-to-obtain LEED Gold certification.
The percentage of energy-efficient, green office space throughout the major office markets in the U.S. has grown significantly over the past 12 years. According to the 2017 National Green Building Adoption Index, across the top 30 major office markets in the U.S. the percentage of green office buildings has increased to about 38% by mid-year 2017. The survey looked at all office buildings with LEED, Energy Star, or green building certifications. Green office buildings in Colorado Springs currently account for about 7% of the total office inventory in the city.
Colorado Springs, CO's Top Office-Using Sectors
The commercial real estate market in Colorado Springs is growing in large part due to demand from the top office-using sectors of aerospace & defense, high technology, tourism, and large corporate office users.
- Aerospace & Defense – Fort Carson, Peterson Air Force Base, Schriever Air Force Base, NORAD, the U.S. Air Force Academy, Boeing, General Dynamics, and the Harris Corporation are just a few businesses in this sector, which create demand for white collar office employment in Colorado Springs.
- High Technology – Companies such as Verizon Business, Hewlett-Packard, SAN, and Cypress Semiconductor also absorb large amounts of office space in the region.
- Tourism – Numerous service businesses in Colorado Springs support the visitors that come throughout the year to view attractions such as the Garden of the Gods, the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, and Old Colorado City.
- Corporate Office – Other large users of office space include SAIC, ITT, L-3 Communications, the Space Foundation, and Microchip Technology.
Colorado Springs Demographics
- Total Population450,000
- Male Population(49.9 %) 224,484
- Female Population(50.1 %) 225,516
- Median Age34.60
- Average Household Income$77,814
- Median Household Income$58,158
- Median Income Under 25$33,498
- Median Income 25-44$59,728
- Median Income 45-64$73,444
- Median Income Over 65$48,135
- Anderosa Demographics
- Briargate Demographics
- Broadmoor Demographics
- Cheyenne Hills Demographics
- Cragmoor Demographics
- East Colorado Springs Demographics
- Eastborough Demographics
- Falcon Estates Demographics
- Garden Ranch Demographics
- Gateway Park Demographics
- Indian Heights Demographics
- Interquest Demographics
- Ivywild Demographics
- Kissing Camels Demographics
- Knob Hill Demographics
- Mountain Shadows Demographics
- Northgate Demographics
- Norwood Demographics
- Oak Valley Hills Demographics
- Old North End Demographics
- Pine Creek Demographics
- Pinecliff Demographics
- Pulpit Rock Demographics
- Ridgeview Demographics
- Rustic Hills Demographics
- Spring Creek Demographics
- Stratton Meadows Demographics
- Venetian Village Demographics
Winners and Losers in the Labor Market – US States and Metros with the Highest Income Inequality
August 21, 2018
Ever since Gordon Gekko uttered his now infamous credo, “greed is good,” many economists have been concerned with the long-term effects of the growing income inequality in the U.S. While free-market enthusiasts see things differently, inequality has become a recurring topic within our news cyc...
Looking to Relocate Your Business? Phoenix is Your Best Bet
November 01, 2017
Amazon’s search for a new home has stirred up city officials and developers across the country, and 238 applicants across North America have expressed interest in housing the company’s next headquarters. Of course, the retail giant has a few requirements: the chosen metropolitan area should idea...
Capri EGM Buys Comcast Denver Metro Offices
May 30, 2017
Chicago-based real estate investment management firm Capri EGM has announced it has completed the acquisition of Comcast Corp.’s build-to-suit offices in the Denver metro area. The five-story INOVA I Class A office building is located at 7250 South Havana Street in Southeast Denver’s largest emp...