warehouse interior

Written by

TNT Services Grows Industrial Footprint in Maryland

TNT Services Group has announced the relocation and expansion of its suburban Maryland facilities. The company signed an agreement for 11,501 square feet of flex/R&D building space at St. John Properties’ Melford Town Center in Bowie, Md. It’s expected to move its operations from its current 9,800-square-foot premises in Prince George’s County this summer.

Mike White of St. John Properties represented the landlord in this transaction, while Kevin O’Neil of CBRE represented TNT Services.

“Steady and sustained corporate growth necessitated a new facility, and we chose a site that would be more strategic for servicing our clients throughout Maryland, including the Eastern Shore, northern Virginia and extending to the Winchester, Va., area,” said Blake Tarleton, president of TNT Services Group. “With 17301 Melford Blvd. recently delivered, we also had the opportunity to design our space to conform to our exact specifications.”

TNT Services — which specializes in window, door, and building supply sales and installation — plans to utilize approximately 90% of the space for dedicated storage of turnkey building supplies. The remaining 10% of the facility will be designated for administrative personnel.

The 36,000-square-foot 17301 Melford Blvd. is part of St. John Properties’ nearly 1-million-square-foot commercial real estate development efforts at Melford Town Center. Spanning 466 acres, the mixed-use property lies at the intersection of U.S. Route 50 and MD Route 3/301 — a convenient location between Washington, D.C. and Annapolis, Md.

The property includes a Courtyard by Marriott hotel and the recently opened Aspen at Melford Town Center — a luxurious, 388-unit, multifamily community.

“Our flex/R&D buildings are ideal for companies like TNT Services, given the seamless integration of storage and office facilities under one roof,” said Matt Lenihan, senior vice president, leasing for St. John Properties. “The growing residential community within Melford has allowed us to greatly expand the amenity base, which has been a key factor in attracting a wide range of new businesses to this location.”

St. John Properties has been noticeably active on the life sciences market in the past few months. Earlier this month, it finalized a renewal and expansion agreement with clinical research group Precision for Medicine in Frederick, Md., for roughly 41,000 square feet. Additionally, last month, St. John secured a 12,000-square-foot expansion for biotech developer BioFactura.

Are you looking for industrial or warehouse space for rent in the best-connected markets? Select any location from the list below or visit the CommercialCafe.com home page to start your search!

Los Angeles industrial real estateDallas industrial real estatePhoenix industrial real estate
Indianapolis industrial real estateChicago industrial real estateColumbus industrial real estate
Houston industrial real estateKansas City industrial real estateNew Jersey industrial real estate
Charlotte industrial real estatePhiladelphia industrial real estateAtlanta industrial real estate
Denver industrial real estateMemphis industrial real estateNashville industrial real estate
Detroit industrial real estateSeattle industrial real estateBoston industrial real estate
Cincinnati industrial real estateRiverside industrial real estateBaltimore industrial real estate
Tampa industrial real estateMinneapolis industrial real estateOrange, CA industrial real estate
Bridgeport, CT industrial real estateCleveland industrial real estateBirmingham industrial real estate
New York City industrial real estateBrooklyn industrial real estateFort Worth industrial real estate

Comments are closed.