Santa Fe Springs, CA - Office Market Overview
Santa Fe Springs neighbors the Cerritos, Downey, and Pico Rivera commercial real estate markets. With a population of just over 18,000, Santa Fe Springs is also part of the greater Los Angeles metro area, which is home to over 13 million people. As one of the Gateway Cities to southeast Los Angeles County, the city is home to a wide variety of light manufacturing businesses.
As of mid-2017, the Santa Fe Springs office market encompasses over 450,000 square feet of existing office space in properties larger than 50,000 square feet. Over 80% of the city is zoned for retail, office, and light and heavy industrial use, creating a consistent demand for commercial real estate in Santa Fe Springs, CA .
Santa Fe Springs, CA - Office Inventory Description
While the city’s real estate scene is mainly industrial, there is consistent demand for office space in Santa Fe Springs. Of the over 450,000 square feet of office inventory in the city, just over 175,000 square feet is Class A or A+ office product, with Class B office space in Santa Fe Springs adding over 275,000 square feet of space to the total office market.
The larger office buildings in Santa Fe Springs are located in the northern and middle sections of the city. Examples of investment-grade office buildings in Santa Fe Springs include the Heritage Corporate Center - Buildings 2, 3 & 19 , the Town Center Business Park - Pioneer Office, and the Imperial Square Office Park on Imperial Highway.
Santa Fe Springs City, CA Commercial Inventory Breakdown
Total: 452,858 SF
By square footage range:
- 50k to 100k SF: 65,456 SF / 14.45% of total office
- 100k to 500k SF: 387,402 SF / 85.55% of total office
- Class A: 176,125 SF / 38.89% of total office
- Class B: 276,733 SF / 61.11% of total office
Santa Fe Springs, CA - Green Office Space
California leads the nation in green office space construction. Of the top 30 largest office markets in the U.S., the state is home to six, including the Los Angeles and San Jose metro areas. The National Green Building Adoption Index that was conducted in 2017 surveyed the top 30 office markets in the country. The report discovered that, since 2005, the percentage of office buildings that are green, LEED-certified, or EPA Energy Star-rated surged over 33%.
One example of a LEED-certified office building near Santa Fe Springs is the 900,000-square-foot Alhambra building . Proving that it isn't just new buildings that can be energy-efficient, this green office building in the Alhambra commercial real estate market near Santa Fe Springs was built back in 1943 and has earned a LEED Gold certification after improvements.
Santa Fe Springs, CA's Top Office-Using Sectors
The Santa Fe Springs office market is driven by top office-using sectors like industrial and manufacturing, service and large corporate office users.
- Industrial – Shaw Industries and Vance & Hines are two companies in this top business sector in the Santa Fe Springs region.
- Manufacturing – Egge Machine Company and Trojan Battery help create demand for commercial, industrial, and office real estate in region.
- Service – Vons, Walmart, and Southern Wine & Spirits and the smaller businesses they attract help drive the demand for office space in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
- Corporate Office – McMaster-Carr, Motran Services, and L.A. Specialty Produce Company are two of the largest creators of white-collar office employment in Santa Fe Springs, California.
Santa Fe Springs Demographics
- Total Population17,669
- Male Population(47.4 %) 8,376
- Female Population(52.6 %) 9,293
- Median Age36.40
- Average Household Income$78,128
- Median Household Income$63,540
- Median Income 25-44$80,789
- Median Income 45-64$71,964
- Median Income Over 65$30,394