Anaheim, CA - Office Market Overview
The Anaheim market includes the Anaheim Hills, Canyon District, and Northeast Anaheim office submarkets. With over 350,000 residents, Anaheim is also part of the Los Angeles metropolitan region, which is home to over 13 million people. The proximity to L.A., combined with the diverse mix of business and industry in the region, creates consistent demand for Class A office space in Anaheim.
As part of the greater Orange County office market, by mid-2017 the Anaheim metro area included nearly 83 million square feet of existing office space in properties larger than 50,000 square feet. There is historical, consistent demand for Class A office space and commercial real estate in Anaheim year over year.
Anaheim, CA - Office Inventory Description
Anaheim is the most populous city in Orange County and the 10th-most populous in the state of California. Home to the Walt Disney Company, Anaheim contributes significantly to the region's $866 billion in gross annual metropolitan product. The office inventory in Anaheim consistently reflects a strong demand and low vacancy rate throughout all areas of the metro region. Of the nearly 6 million square feet of office space in Anaheim, over 42% is Class A or A+, while Class B office space accounts for another 58% of the total office inventory.
The Platinum Triangle office submarket in Anaheim is on the “A” list of both tenants and portfolio office building investors. Located in the triangle formed by the I-5, State Route 57, and East Bell Road, this area is home to Class A office buildings such as the Stadium Gateway, the Metroplex on East Katella Avenue, and the nearby Stadium Towers Plaza.
Anaheim, CA Commercial Inventory Breakdown
Total: 7,306,203 SF
By square footage range:
- 50k to 100k SF: 2,058,694 SF / 28.18% of total office
- 100k to 500k SF: 4,740,509 SF / 64.88% of total office
- 500k to 1M SF: 507,000 SF / 6.94% of total office
- Class A: 2,310,816 SF / 31.63% of total office
- Class B: 4,410,357 SF / 60.36% of total office
- Class C: 78,030 SF / 1.07% of total office
Anaheim, CA - Green Office Space
Californians are some of the most environmentally conscious people in the U.S., which is one reason why the availability of energy-efficient, green office space is at the top of the must-have list from Class A tenants and investors alike.
One example of a LEED-certified office property in Anaheim is the Anaheim Regional Medical Center operated by Kaiser Permanente. Located in the Northwest Anaheim commercial real estate market, this medical office building holds a LEED Silver certification for its seven-story parking structure, demonstrating that energy-efficient building applies to the entire property structure both inside and out.
In 2017, the National Green Building Adoption Index took a look at office properties larger than 50,000 square feet in the top 30 major U.S. office markets. The survey learned that, since 2005, when the percentage of green, LEED-certified, and EPA Energy Star-certified office buildings was less than 5% across all markets, that this percentage has leaped to about 38% today. About 9% of the larger office buildings in Anaheim are currently green, representing 8% of the total office inventory.
Anaheim, CA's Top Office-Using Sectors
The Anaheim commercial real estate and office markets see some of the strongest demand for space in the region from top office-using business sectors such as healthcare, electronics, technology, and large corporate office users.
- Healthcare – Kaiser Permanente, Kaiser Permanente Anaheim Medical Center, Anaheim Regional Medical Center, and West Anaheim Medical Center are a few of the largest employers and users of white collar office space in Anaheim.
- Electronics – AT&T, Extron Electronics, General Dynamics, and Fujitsu all generate demand for white collar office employment in Anaheim CA.
- Technology – Hewlett Packard, L-3 Communications, Panasonic, Raytheon, and Targus are some of the large office users in this business sector.
- Corporate Office – The Walt Disney Company, Time Warner Cable, Northgate Gonzalez Markets, Toyota Financial Services, Taormina Industries, and Sunny Delight all help to drive demand for Class A office space in Anaheim.
- Total Population349,007
- Male Population(49.6 %) 173,136
- Female Population(50.4 %) 175,871
- Median Age34.00
- Average Household Income$85,960
- Median Household Income$65,313
- Median Income Under 25$47,346
- Median Income 25-44$65,555
- Median Income 45-64$76,047
- Median Income Over 65$47,572
California Q4 2017 Sales Report—Office Investment Still on Cooldown
January 23, 2018
Executive Summary Los Angeles average price per square foot climbed to $469; Bay Area office investment reached highest dollar volume in 5 years; San Diego sales activity cooled down after red-hot Q3; Sacramento office investment tripled compared to Q3; San Francisco wrapped up slowest quarter i...
Looking to Relocate Your Business? Phoenix is Your Best Bet
November 01, 2017
Amazon’s search for a new home has stirred up city officials and developers across the country, and 238 applicants across North America have expressed interest in housing the company’s next headquarters. Of course, the retail giant has a few requirements: the chosen metropolitan area should idea...
Top Markets for US Office Development Since 2007
September 06, 2017
The U.S. office market is one of the most expensive in the world, and a top destination for national and offshore investors alike. It’s no wonder then that office assets in the States fetch exorbitant prices and investors continue to pump capital into developing bigger and better office buildi...